Monday, June 23, 2014

Why I do What I do... What Keeps Me Going

I received a text message a couple of nights ago from a parent that left me speechless and emboldened to press on. As each school year ends and I pack up my classroom, I smile quite a bit because I have so many fond memories of my time with the youngsters. I also start planning how to be more efficient and make better use of my time in the following school year. I'm reminded as I put crafts, books, tools, games, and various other supplies away of all of the things that I hoped to accomplish this year that got pushed to the sidelines. I re-purpose to be a better teacher in the next year. 

And then I pray that I was able to teach these kids something great about Jesus! Because at the end of the day, at the end of a school year, at the end of my teaching career, and at the end of my life... it wasn't about the crafts, read-alouds, or innovative cross-curricular games. It was about pointing all of the entrusted souls that I had the privilege to teach to Jesus! It was about showing them that there's someone greater than me! It was about teaching them to do all things whether in word or deed for the Lord! 

And so the text I received on Saturday night was a reminder that I touched the heart in one child. I showed him that reading is great! But even more so I was used to show him that reading for Jesus is better!
I am both encouraged and refreshed! Surely this is what summers are for.
Christian Educators, Mothers, Fathers, Principals, Aunts, Uncles, Sunday School Teachers, Babysitters, Brothers and Sisters... Press On!

No comments:

Post a Comment